Building trust is more important than making the sale.
The next time an expert tells you that a marketing or conversion tactic “works”... ask this question:
“It might work to convert 10% of the audience… but does it build trust with the other 90%... or would it feel salesy to them?”
Years ago, I used to care only about the small percentage of my audience who converted. I was all about the sale, about getting the transaction. What about the remainder of the audience? I thought of them as “illusory clie…
LinkedIn – Is it helpful for non-corporate professionals such as coaches, healers, and intuitives?
LinkedIn is by far the largest professional networking platform. It is an alternative to Facebook/Instagram for connecting to colleagues and potential clients.
Some people assume that it’s only for corporate employees and salespeople, not realizing that LinkedIn made a drastic shift in 2017 to begin competing with Facebook as a broadly social-networking and content-discovery platform.
The Most Secure Investment
Cryptocurrency is a gamble. The stock market is volatile. Shockingly, even bonds don’t feel safe anymore.
The best investment for most of us is – and has always been – in improving our own monetizable skills.
You will never have to worry about ups and downs. It’s always valuable. It’s the highest sustainable return on investment in money and in your personal growth. Win-win.
I wrote in December 2017, at the height of that Bitcoin bubble, about why I’m not investing in cryptocurrency. I still agree…
Don’t fixate on “growing an Email List”... instead, grow a holistic audience.
“How do I grow my email list?"
I’ve been asked this question for years. People hear from business experts that building an email list is the most important thing to do in marketing.
It’s a myopic focus. If you talk more deeply with marketing experts, I think they'll agree.
None of us need an “email list”. What we actually want is an audience who cares about what we offer.