Authentic Video Creation:
Make Simple Videos
To Share Your Message
& Grow Your True Audience
Comprehensive Training + Support Group
with George Kao
Photo by Mink Mingle on Unsplash
“Do you think making videos is arduous and time-consuming? George Kao will inspire you to see that they can be easy and joyful to make! And the equipment doesn't have to break the bank. Take this course!”
Would you love to get into a consistent video-making rhythm this year -- to share your authentic presence and message?
It’s so helpful for your potential clients to actually see and hear you, instead of just reading words on a screen.
I’ve made over 1,000 videos. Here’s what it’s done for me…
- Built a fiercely loyal audience.
- Many clients say that watching my videos helped them decide to enroll in my services.
- In fact, once I started publishing videos regularly, my exploratory calls with potential clients totally changed – now they’re eager to work with me… and I find myself interviewing them to see whether they’re a good fit for my work.
- I’ve found my empowered voice to express authentic messages from the heart.
- I’ve become a more confident communicator, which has benefitted other areas of business and life.
This course is about making simple authentic videos which are:
- Few takes (or only 1, if a live video)
- Minimal to no editing
- Speaking from the heart
- Longer than 1 minute (and often shorter than 10)
This course is not about video editing, though I will teach you what I do, which is quite basic. This is not about getting famous on TikTok, nor about making entertaining IG Reels. In fact, I don’t typically recommend IG Reels to my clients: Beware of IG Reels for Warm Ads Strategy.
This course is about speaking confidently and being consistent in posting videos.
“I worried that I was too inexperienced with technology to get much out of this, but I was wrong.
I learned a ton, all of it understandable!”
In this course you'll learn and practice:
- How to speak naturally on video without having to be in conversation with someone else.
- How to remember what to say without using a script or teleprompter.
- How to open your heart and unique personality to your future clients, through the powerful medium of video.
- Finding your optimal regular time and place for consistently making your videos
- You'll especially get practice in how to be concise: making 3-minute videos that are authentic and shareable on social media... and without having to learn video editing.
You'll also receive access to:
- Private Facebook group for mutual support among fellow students, where you can fully experiment with your videos, including making “live” videos if you wish. You can give and receive supportive feedback with other group members – all of whom are students in this private course.
- Supplemental video segments – 100 common questions about video (planning, making, and marketing) that were asked by your fellow students, answered by me... on video of course :)
- Bonus Module: Simple Podcast Creation
“This course is so worth your time! George gives just about everything you need to get started making authentic videos. What I love about George Kao is that he makes an amazing amount material accessible for an incredible value.”
Why I love teaching this course:
Since 2014 I have been recording online videos, and have now published well over 1,000 videos.
Many of my clients say that they watched my videos before deciding to work with me.
In fact, new clients often discover me through my videos on Youtube, Facebook, or Instagram.
Compared to other mediums (writing, images, podcasts), videos do the best job of building warmth with one's potential students and clients.
You get to reach a whole new audience of people who prefer to watch videos instead of reading long articles.
Another wonderful benefit of making videos is that it will help you discover your voice and step into a powerful expression of your mission and service.
One of the biggest problems to making videos consistently is perfectionism. It may be taking you too much time to make each video. This may be preventing you from enjoying the great benefits of making videos and stepping into more of your authentic expression.
Other problems include confusion about the technology, lack of content structure, not having an effective workflow for creating and publishing your videos, and missing a simple marketing plan to consistently find new and ideal viewers of your videos.
Here's the key -- making your videos has got to be a simple process, so that you'll actually do it, and be able to focus on your message and heart of service, instead of trying to be an amazing videographer. (Though you could end up becoming one!)
Join this course to nudge yourself toward making videos – and doing them consistently – so that you grow a larger warm audience.
I am excited to walk you through my entire process:
- How I come up my video ideas
- Difference between what to put into your free videos vs paid courses
- How I prepare for my videos
- What helps me show up naturally and confidently on video, even though I used to be so anxious to be on camera
- How to decide on the length of videos
- How much to say in a video / how deep to go into a topic
- What camera / webcam I use
- Befriending the camera lens so I feel natural and comfortable on video
- Simple ways to get great lighting (which is important!)
- What microphone I use and why (I've tried many)
- Whether to record on phone or laptop
- Whether to do live videos or pre-recorded and why
- Super simple video editing when needed
- How I make my video thumbnail images
- How to upload to Youtube, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and which one(s) should you choose?
- Youtube channel setup and settings
- How I get more people to watch and engage with my videos
“George knows his stuff!
Combine it with his passion and authenticity, it's really the perfect combination for a coach and teacher. I highly recommend his course on making authentic videos!”
Students of past courses have submitted the following questions, which I address in the course:
- "How to get over that initial fear of having your face in public? 😀Basically, how to do my FIRST video."
- "How do you convert information you may have written about in a blog to an oral presentation format - what's the right size snippet or chunk? Would a series of short snippets be better than a chunk of info?"
- "How to start your video/content to capture attention right away?"
- "Should I prepare a script or how do I remember what to say?"
- "How do you deal with nervousness? It doesn't ever show in your videos..."
- "How does everyone make those videos that look like they're casually taking a walk and talking to the audience at the same time😎 ? It's cool."
- "What professional background can I use?"
- "How do I figure out what to share/how deep to go, so that I offer useful content without overwhelming my audience?"
- "Do you hold your head a certain way, because you never seem to get any distortions in your video. This is in contrast to many other people whose chin might look larger or the head occupies the whole video. I never see those distortions in your videos."
- “I'm curious how helpful it is to do captions...I just started doing it and just don't know if it's worth the trouble…”
- ...and additional questions will be answered as students bring them up in the course!
- 5 Training Modules with 20 short video lessons each, covering all aspects of making simple, authentic videos and doing it consistently!
- 15 opportunities to practice making actual videos while taking the course.
- Comprehensive Resource Guide for step-by-step implementation. A full outline of the course, complete with all relevant links.
- Private Facebook Group to post your videos and exchange mutual feedback with other members. (If you want my personal feedback, come to a group Q&A call… see below.)
- Instant access to Supplemental Video Trainings where I answer over 100 questions from students about making authentic videos.
- Bonus Module: Simple Podcast Creation
- Two Bonus Group Q&A Calls -- where you can ask anything. Whether or not you attend, you'll receive those recordings afterwards as well.
For an affordable price, you'll learn a system to prepare, create, and market your own videos, and a private community of kindred spirits to encourage and support you!
Price: $150 USD
“This video training is definitely worth taking--it removes the mystique from video making and breaks the process down step by step, including the more technical details such as lighting. Very helpful also is the encouragement to step away from perfectionism and to get in the habit of making regular videos. So excited for all that I am learning this course!”