I’ve been interviewed on more than 100 creator channels, podcasts, and summits.
I’ve also played the other role – I’ve interviewed more than 100 people on various webinars, videos, and podcast episodes.
If I can be honest here – rarely am I impressed with how my host did… or if I’m the host, how my guests did. It often feels like an opportunity wasted for both sides...
Yet – when it’s done well, it’s a simple and proven way to grow your audience – interview interesting people, and be interviewed by others…
When you interview someone for your video channel, social media page, or podcast – and you do a good job as a host – your guest is naturally excited to share the recording, thereby growing your audience with people interested in your topic. This is a great way to connect with new potential clients.
Vice versa – when you’re being interviewed, and you do a great job as a guest, your host naturally is excited to share your interview even further!
- Hosts mostly don’t know how to prepare their guests, nor how to draw out the most interesting sharing from the guest. They also mostly fail at follow-up with the guests, to make the episode sharing easier, and to create ongoing collaboration as appropriate.
- Guests don’t know how to use the opportunity of an interview. They answer questions too literally. They explain themselves too much, rather than connect deeply with audience's yearnings and the hosts' curiosity. The guests then don’t follow-up with the host regarding additional opportunities to connect and collaborate.
These are all lost opportunities, and I’m on a mission to change that.
I would love to see you become both an excellent interviewer and interviewee.
This will help you to:
- Explore and practice communicating your message with deeper impact.
- Enjoy your “marketing” efforts – because you are connecting from the heart with others whose message you’re genuinely curious about.
- Grow your audience (thanks to the added promotion of your host or guest) with new people who are more likely to be engaged and aligned with your work.
- Create friendships with new collaborators who can become client referral sources for you!
If this sounds great to you, join me for a 3-week experience:
- Learn how to be a great host, with a step-by-step plan for reaching out to interesting guests, helping them prepare, bringing out their best, and hosting an excellent interview that they’ll want to share for months to come.
- Learn how to be one of the best guests that hosts have had the pleasure to interview. You’ll get a method for reaching out to interesting channels & podcasts that are more likely to say Yes. You will also learn how to present well in your interviews so the host is genuinely excited to share your episode widely.
- Connect with a group of kindred spirits in our course community with whom you can practice as you develop the skills to become a great host or guest! There will be a step-by-step process to find and match up with like-minded practice partners in this course.
Dates & Times:
The course is taught via 6 live sessions.
There are 3 sessions for each of the 2 major time zones, so that students from around the world can have the opportunity to attend some live sessions.
You're welcome to attend all sessions if it works for your schedule.
Each session will have different content.
If you can't attend any sessions, just watch the recordings later. You'll get all the course content and be able to interact via comments under each lesson 👍🏽
The course lasts from Sept 11 through 27.
You'll have lifetime access to the recordings & discussion area afterwards, for continued learning and connections.
1-Hour Live Session for Americas Daytime & Europe Evening:
During the course, there’s a session every Wednesday
@ 8am Pac / 11am East / 4pm BST
1-Hour Live Session for Americas Eve + Daytime Australia & Asia:
There’s also a session every Monday
@ 4:30pm Pac / 7:30pm East
...which is Singapore Tuesday 7:30am / Sydney 9:30am
Everything will be recorded and emailed to you at the end of the week, but if you can attend any of them in real-time, it’s more fun 😄
Under each video recording, you'll be able to access a private student discussion about the exercises, ideas, and examples inspired by the course.
You’ll also get access to 2 months of the George Kao Q&A Calls (and those recordings).
Any questions? Kindly ask here.
Ready to join this experience?
About George Kao:
George Kao has been a passionate educator of authentic marketing and joyful productivity since 2009, emphasizing in his work the honest connection and act of service that's possible even in doing "marketing" activities. Specializing in social media and content creation, George helps clients grow their audience, stabilize their income, and structure their work life for deeper joy and true freedom. Driven by values such as generosity, warm-heartedness, and curiosity, he empowers coaches, healers, and facilitators to market genuinely and operate their businesses from the space of joyful productivity. In a world of noisy marketing, George Kao stands out as a beacon of genuine connection and true value.